Heya Boyos!

Stop by and say Hello.
DrSarcasmo
Still Looking for Slim

Heya Boyos!

Post by DrSarcasmo »

Just wanted to make an official greeting to the wonderful folks on this board.

I've lurked here for at least a year and a half and finally decided to be a little active.

I live in So Cal and have been enjoying off-roading in the Death Valley area for only 2 years now. I've learned a lot about this sport from folks on this board. I just wanna say "Thank You" for all the advice and info I've gleaned from this forum.

Oh yes, and Mr. Bricker, we still need to get together the next time you're on the Left Coast and have that sledgehammer party on Bastard Rock... :hammer:

Dickie
David_Bricker
PSR Fire Marshall
Rig: Gomer - '95 XJ, kind of.

Post by David_Bricker »

Welcome!

Of course, one always wonders how we get our various board names. I'm guessing you just might have a cynical sense of humor. If so, you'll fit right in here. Between Rubiblue and I, the board sometimes drips with sarcasm.

Yes, I still want to beat on that rock. Actually, I think my son will be wanting to partake in that. Hmmm, maybe a run diring Thanksgiving!

David Bricker / SYR
DrSarcasmo
Still Looking for Slim

Post by DrSarcasmo »

David,

I got my moniker from a boss I had way back in the mists of time. It was the late Triassic period, I believe. (1989)

He asked me a question and I gave him a wiseass answer so he dubbed me Dr. Sarcasmo. It stuck. He was a wiseass himself, so I consider my reply to him as on the job training...:P

I really miss that guy...

Dickie
BucYouUp68
Desert Rat
Rig: 2013 Stock JK Sport

Post by BucYouUp68 »

Welcome to the Forum, I am not at all sarcastic. :twisted:
...........))_______________________,,
........../`---_________---_________/
........./_ =o;; ; ;;_LLLL_:/
.........), -.(_(_)/
........./),----"
......../____//
......./____//
....</____// Go Ahead Punk,.....Make My Day,......
Scenic WonderRunner
Panamint Valley Old Timer

Post by Scenic WonderRunner »

BucYouUp68 wrote:Welcome to the Forum, I am not at all sarcastic. :twisted:

Buc...........!

How come my Sarcasm Meter just wiggled when you wrote that>?!!! :beerchug:

Welcome to PV.com..........DrS.........!

Dude! Check out that View!

I don't care what you drive....It's All about the Heart!

Feeding the 4x4 Internet Trolls Since 2004....because I care!

Treat others on the trail.....like you would want to be treated!..........Image
Panamint Charlie
Head Janitor

Post by Panamint Charlie »

Dude! I like the runner in your avatar! I had an 88 that I did a SAS with front/rear Detroit's, yada, yada... I hadn't driven it for over three months so I was half heartedly thinking about getting rid of it. When some dude offered me a bag of money for it one day and I said sure. Man I wish I kept it.

Welcome to the board.
Maximus Ram
Still Looking for Slim

Post by Maximus Ram »

Hello and Welcome to PV.com from another n00b to the forum.... :horse
"Credo Quia Absurdum"
desert4wd
Panamint Valley Miner Emeritus
Rig: 2005 Jeep

Post by desert4wd »

Welcome. I thought your post was spam. Heya Boyos from DrSarcasmo- lol! I'll admit that I am never sarcastic and neither am I.
Doug
K7FWD
B-Spec wrote:I don't do trails to prove anything.. I do them because I enjoy it. I could care less about proving anything to anyone..
Not much to offer these days since I'm cleaning out the flickr (photo site) because of high pricing.
Older Fling and Haul stuff (up to about 2008): http://www.pv.desert4wd.com/
Maybe a few things here still but I haven't updated for a couple years.: http://www.desert4wd.com/
DrSarcasmo
Still Looking for Slim

Post by DrSarcasmo »

Buc, SWR, and MaxRam, Thanks for the welcome! I hope to be able to add a little of what little knowledge I've gained these last 2 years of off-roading.

Panamint Charlie, I'm glad you dig The Dusty Hot Stunter. I saw your '88 4Runner on your webpage. I am SOOO jealous. It's a damn shame ya sold her...:(

My avatar is from a video of me climbing the dryfall in Last Chance Canyon, the one next to The Notch. I just got my locker put in that week and was trying it out for the first time. I gunned the gas and popped a wheelie as she was ascending, thereby earning her the name Dusty Hot Stunter. It's also a play on the name Icy Hot Stunters, a group of goofy boys who were frequently ridiculed on Fark.com a few years ago...

The really funny thing is that while I was climbing the dryfall, a couple of guys had their Jeep wedged in the Notch just 100 feet away. Their right tie rod had snapped and they were awaiting rescue from a buddy of theirs with a tow truck.

I asked them why they didn't just take the dry fall. Their response, "No offence, Bro, but the falls are too easy."

Christ knows how many hours they were stuck there, but the lesson I learned was always take the route you KNOW you can handle, not the one that shows you have juevos of steel. Because in a sink or swim situation, steel juevos will just drag yer ass to the bottom of the ocean everytime...:P

Dickie
Cecile
Panamint Valley Old Timer

Post by Cecile »

Well....I'm not one of the boys...but I hang around with them most of the time so I figure I can chime in here and offer you a "laurel & hardy" welcome, as well! :wave:
Cecile
-----------
Well Behaved women rarely make history - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
www.explorehistoricalif.com
Bill Gossett
Panamint Valley Prospector

Post by Bill Gossett »

Welcome to the board! :D
Panamint Charlie
Head Janitor

Post by Panamint Charlie »

New sig line?

Code: Select all

Because in a sink or swim situation, steel juevos will just drag yer ass to the bottom of the ocean everytime...
D.A. Wright
Panamint Valley Miner Emeritus
Rig: 2018 Toyota 4Runner SR5

Post by D.A. Wright »

Panamint Charlie wrote:New sig line?

Code: Select all

Because in a sink or swim situation, steel juevos will just drag yer ass to the bottom of the ocean everytime...
Sounds like a line in a Jimmy Buffet song ... :lol:
D.A. Wright
~When You Live in Nevada, "just down the road" is anywhere in the line of sight within the curvature of the earth.