WHAT'S YOUR 20? See it on the map.

Stop by and say Hello.
Ray and Nancy
Panamint City Resident

Post by Ray and Nancy »

Wow.. we look like real outsiders!! Kinda neat though if you get everyone to put their "20" on the map!
David_Bricker
PSR Fire Marshall
Rig: Gomer - '95 XJ, kind of.

Post by David_Bricker »

Ray and Nancy wrote:Wow.. we look like real outsiders!! Kinda neat though if you get everyone to put their "20" on the map!
You may be in a different country, but I think I might still be further away!

David Bricker / SYR
Nate
Panamint Valley Old Timer

Post by Nate »

I noticed that you can change it anytime by changing the coordinates in the profile. I thought it would be cool to move it on trips, although Bricker would probably have a hard time keeping up his location.
Nate
David_Bricker
PSR Fire Marshall

Post by David_Bricker »

lepidium93514 wrote:I noticed that you can change it anytime by changing the coordinates in the profile. I thought it would be cool to move it on trips, although Bricker would probably have a hard time keeping up his location.
Lordy! The map would have blur streaks through it! :roll:

David Bricker / SYR
heypilch
Rig: '04 TJ

Post by heypilch »

Just added my 20. A lot of you guys are closer to me that I thought. Unsettling... :D
The question isn't who's going to let me, it's who's going to stop me...
David_Bricker
PSR Fire Marshall

Post by David_Bricker »

heypilch wrote:Just added my 20. A lot of you guys are closer to me that I thought. Unsettling... :D
Don't look at me! I'm nowhere near anyone! Of course, there may be a reason for that....

David Bricker / SYR
heypilch

Post by heypilch »

For all the "heat" (pun intended) they give you about trying to torch PSR, I hope that they AT LEAST give you the "Traveled The Longest Distance To Be Here Award" everytime to you come out.
David_Bricker
PSR Fire Marshall

Post by David_Bricker »

heypilch wrote:For all the "heat" (pun intended) they give you about trying to torch PSR, I hope that they AT LEAST give you the "Traveled The Longest Distance To Be Here Award" everytime to you come out.
Nah. All I want them to give me is a beer 8)

David Bricker / SYR
heypilch

Post by heypilch »

Understood. I've been here for a little while now & have posted many a question to the sage minds at PanamintCharlie.com. I actually found you guys while trying to research DV for our first run out there a while ago. Honestly, you're a bunch of good people. I'm gonna HAVE to come out there one of these times you guys converge on PSR.

I mean, if you can come all the way out here - I really have no excuse! Any room for a few more Jeepers?
David_Bricker
PSR Fire Marshall

Post by David_Bricker »

heypilch wrote:Understood. I've been here for a little while now & have posted many a question to the sage minds at PanamintCharlie.com. I actually found you guys while trying to research DV for our first run out there a while ago. Honestly, you're a bunch of good people. I'm gonna HAVE to come out there one of these times you guys converge on PSR.

I mean, if you can come all the way out here - I really have no excuse! Any room for a few more Jeepers?
Thanks for the compliment. Of course, it was probably directed at someone besides myself :lol:

Always room for a few more - especially with capable rigs. Makes it easier if I have to bum a ride, since I can't rent anything decent, and the 4x4 van is not running AND is in New York :cry:

David Bricker / SYR
AndyR
Panamint Valley Miner Emeritus
Rig: Raptor

Post by AndyR »

heypilch wrote:Any room for a few more Jeepers?
Always. I found out that some long time DV travellers from San Jose, who are now Rubicon owners will be in residence for Turkey week.

Panamint Springs, a 5-Star Jeep Resort. Hmmmm, maybe we should get them to stock basics - front driver axle shafts, unit bearings, belts, fluids.

Andy
"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you." --Anonymous
B-Spec
Panamint Valley Prospector
Rig: 2001 TJ,2005 Xterra,2013 TDI,2015 TDI, 1999 STI, 21 Jetta

Post by B-Spec »

AndyR wrote:
heypilch wrote:Any room for a few more Jeepers?
Always. I found out that some long time DV travellers from San Jose, who are now Rubicon owners will be in residence for Turkey week.

Panamint Springs, a 5-Star Jeep Resort. Hmmmm, maybe we should get them to stock basics - front driver axle shafts, unit bearings, belts, fluids.

Andy
Ill put that one the list Andy..

I charge 30 bucks an hour for labor.. LOL!
desert4wd wrote:Sometimes you have to put up with nature's extremes to get away from peoples extremes...
LarryW
Trailer Trash
Rig: 78 K5 Blazer

Post by LarryW »

Seriously folks... Good idea... Stock up and also plan on a trip or two to Ridgecrest for parts. Sounds like a good little side thing Spec...