WHAT'S YOUR 20? See it on the map.

Stop by and say Hello.
LarryW
Trailer Trash
Rig: 78 K5 Blazer

Post by LarryW »

Winnemucca is on my list... I havent been there since when I was attending Douglas County High School... We used to play against them in basketball and I think we golfed against them too. Prolly a whole lot of other things but I was only interested in the basketball stuff.

I wonder how much it's changed since 1968?
B-Spec
Panamint Valley Prospector
Rig: 2001 TJ,2005 Xterra,2013 TDI,2015 TDI, 1999 STI, 21 Jetta

Post by B-Spec »

LarryW wrote:Winnemucca is on my list... I havent been there since when I was attending Douglas County High School... We used to play against them in basketball and I think we golfed against them too. Prolly a whole lot of other things but I was only interested in the basketball stuff.

I wonder how much it's changed since 1968?
Just a little over 300 miles from me.. :D
desert4wd wrote:Sometimes you have to put up with nature's extremes to get away from peoples extremes...
LarryW
Trailer Trash

Post by LarryW »

We're getting closer all the time. Perhaps one day we will pass each other going in opposite directions... :hammer:
Panamint Charlie
Head Janitor

Post by Panamint Charlie »

I never noticed until now, but you can zoom in on the Sat map and see pretty decent detail. The imagery of my house is only a few months old. Too bad my pin location is off by about eight miles or so.
Beatty Lady
Panamint Valley Old Timer
Rig: "Pearl", a 2014 Toyota FJ

Post by Beatty Lady »

Yo David Bricker, what's the deal with Wilson, NC? Never heard you mention that neck o the woods before.

Kit
David_Bricker
PSR Fire Marshall
Rig: Gomer - '95 XJ, kind of.

Post by David_Bricker »

Beatty Lady wrote:Yo David Bricker, what's the deal with Wilson, NC? Never heard you mention that neck o the woods before.

Kit
Stooopid thing took my Wilson Creek Rd. address and looked it up as a city. Didn't notice until I submitted it. Apparently, Wilson NC was the closest match.

David Bricker / SYR
LarryW
Trailer Trash

Post by LarryW »

Did that with me also. Dont remember what I did to fix it. I can't get it to zoom.. How do you do that?
B-Spec
Panamint Valley Prospector
Rig: 2001 TJ,2005 Xterra,2013 TDI,2015 TDI, 1999 STI, 21 Jetta

Post by B-Spec »

David_Bricker wrote:
Beatty Lady wrote:Yo David Bricker, what's the deal with Wilson, NC? Never heard you mention that neck o the woods before.

Kit
Stooopid thing took my Wilson Creek Rd. address and looked it up as a city. Didn't notice until I submitted it. Apparently, Wilson NC was the closest match.

David Bricker / SYR
LOL!!!!! Ya some how I am registered twice on there. I need one of them deleted but I cant do it.. I think PC will have to get in there and delete them for us..
desert4wd wrote:Sometimes you have to put up with nature's extremes to get away from peoples extremes...
D.A. Wright
Panamint Valley Miner Emeritus
Rig: 2018 Toyota 4Runner SR5

Post by D.A. Wright »

My wife loves Winnemucca because it has a WalMart ... :lol: I love it for Ormachea's ... :hyper:
D.A. Wright
~When You Live in Nevada, "just down the road" is anywhere in the line of sight within the curvature of the earth.
David_Bricker
PSR Fire Marshall
Rig: Gomer - '95 XJ, kind of.

Post by David_Bricker »

LarryW wrote:Did that with me also. Dont remember what I did to fix it. I can't get it to zoom.. How do you do that?
To zoom, there is a slider on the left side of the map, with + and - signs, as well as directional arrows to move the map. Note that it is not particularly fast, so your dialup may take some time to redraw.

David Bricker / SYR
Nate

Post by Nate »

D.A. Wright wrote:My wife loves Winnemucca because it has a WalMart ... :lol: I love it for Ormachea's ... :hyper:
What's an Ormachea?
Nate
D.A. Wright
Panamint Valley Miner Emeritus
Rig: 2018 Toyota 4Runner SR5

Post by D.A. Wright »

lepidium93514 wrote:What's an Ormachea?
Basque restaurant.
D.A. Wright
~When You Live in Nevada, "just down the road" is anywhere in the line of sight within the curvature of the earth.
Nate

Post by Nate »

Basque food is the best... :drool:
Nate