Another Hello/Intro

Stop by and say Hello.
janders1957
Still Looking for Slim

Another Hello/Intro

Post by janders1957 »

I've been posting a while on the Death-Valley.net board, just found this one, and so here I am.

Though my family history was all but lost to me for decades, thanks to the internet, over the past 7-8 years I've learned a lot. My grandfather homesteaded south of Darwin around 100 years ago, and spent most of his life between Darwin, Ballarat, Johannesburg, and Junction Ranch as the first caretaker there when NOTS was created.
Have been granted access to NAWS twice to visit sites my family lived and frequented. My last visit made the front page of The Rocketeer II, last issue of 2012.

I'm presently looking for what's got to be a rare photo, will post in what looks to be the appropriate forum!

Jon
David_Bricker
PSR Fire Marshall
Rig: Gomer - '95 XJ, kind of.

Re: Another Hello/Intro

Post by David_Bricker »

Welcome to the forums! We'd be very interested to learn about your family history, as you learn more about it.

Please take a bit of time to read our forum guidelines. We don't have a lot of rules, but we do avoid politics and religion, since that never comes to a satisfactory conclusion.

Welcome!

David Bricker / SYR
Older Fossil
Panamint City Resident

Post by Older Fossil »

Welcome Jon,

I've read your posts on the other board. There are some very knowledgeable folks that hang out here.
Art
http://arts-work.blogspot.com"
----
Settled down at Atterdag Village of Solvang.
janders1957
Still Looking for Slim

Post by janders1957 »

David, no worries, I know where to go if I want to waste my time on those topics...

Art, yes, amazed at the knowledge on both boards, and grateful for these resources!

Jon
Norman Johnson
Panamint Valley Miner Emeritus
Rig: "60 Willys wagon

Post by Norman Johnson »

Welcome, Jon. If you get a chance, come to Spring Fling. I would love to talk about your family history.

NJ
"You can't tell by watching a bunch of mules rolling in the dust which one can fart the loudest." Sherman Wilhelm

"In case you should ever get the idea you'd like to be a prospector or miner, remember, you don't have to be crazy, but it would help a lot." Jack Mitchell, DOD 10-28-1954