Guess I should introduce myself

Stop by and say Hello.
Lazy xj
Still Looking for Slim
Rig: 2001 XJ grocery getter with some added stuff

Guess I should introduce myself

Post by Lazy xj »

Hi everyone. My name is Larry.
I was introduced to this group by Art (Older Fossil).
I had a chance to get out with him, Mrs. Fossil and Jim (rubiblue) for an El Paso mountain tour Saturday and had a ball.
I have been playing around in the desert since I was a kid in the fifties and have owned a variety of thrillcrafts including VW dune buggies, Baja Bugs, MCs, 4X4 pickups and for the last four years, a 2001 XJ.
It's my daily driver and gets towed behind our small motor home.
I'm just a deluxe shade tree mechanic who loves spending time in the shop as much as I like cruising around the desert.
Over the last thirty years or so, my wife and I have explored a good portion of DV and surrounding areas.
I have learned a lot just lurking on this site for the last year or so.

Looking forward to meeting more of you in the future.
Larry
01 XJ with stuff
Panamint Charlie
Head Janitor

Re: Guess I should introduce myself

Post by Panamint Charlie »

Any responsible thrill craft owner is a friend of mine. :thumbs:

Welcome to the board.
David_Bricker
PSR Fire Marshall
Rig: Gomer - '95 XJ, kind of.

Post by David_Bricker »

Welcome! I just joined the XJ gang a few months ago. This week will be its baptism in the desert.

You'll find this a pretty friendly board. Be sure to read the forum rules. Don't be afraid to ask questions - we love to help! We also love to harass, but we save that just for Rubiblue! :twisted: Since you've already met him, no doubt you understand why!

David Bricker / SYR
Lazy xj
Still Looking for Slim
Rig: 2001 XJ grocery getter with some added stuff

Post by Lazy xj »

David_Bricker wrote:Welcome! I just joined the XJ gang a few months ago. This week will be its baptism in the desert.

You'll find this a pretty friendly board. Be sure to read the forum rules. Don't be afraid to ask questions - we love to help! We also love to harass, but we save that just for Rubiblue! :twisted: Since you've already met him, no doubt you understand why!

David Bricker / SYR
Are you the person who lives in NY and spends more time in DV than anyone else on this list?
So did you get your XJ done and shipped out here?
If you have questions about it, let me know. I have a learned a little bit about them over the last five years.
I have had changed or modified just about every mechanical piece of my XJ except the engine and AW4.
Why mess with the best parts?
I also post over on NAXJA.

Yes, I meet Ribiblue and will be happy to let him keep the cowbell.
Glad to say I didn't need to winch him out of any holes. Jim is a good guy, no matter that the rest of you say.
Larry
01 XJ with stuff
David_Bricker
PSR Fire Marshall
Rig: Gomer - '95 XJ, kind of.

Post by David_Bricker »

Lazy xj wrote: Are you the person who lives in NY and spends more time in DV than anyone else on this list?
So did you get your XJ done and shipped out here?
If you have questions about it, let me know. I have a learned a little bit about them over the last five years.
I have had changed or modified just about every mechanical piece of my XJ except the engine and AW4.
Why mess with the best parts?
I also post over on NAXJA.

Yes, I meet Ribiblue and will be happy to let him keep the cowbell.
Glad to say I didn't need to winch him out of any holes. Jim is a good guy, no matter that the rest of you say.
Yes, I'm the nutjob from upstate NY. Yes, the XJ is done, we made it to PSR last night with it. I'm always looking for information on this new beast. I did join NAXJA during the March membership drive, though I've not posted much over there.

Now, don't be spreading rumors about Jim being a good guy. He's liable to start believing them, and then he'll be impossible to live with!

David Bricker / SYR
rubiblue
Panamint Valley Miner Emeritus

Post by rubiblue »

Whadda ya mean get harder to live with?!? I'm already impossible to live with! :combust
You can't see the true desert or real history from a paved road!

If you believe a politician has the answer, it must have been a dumb question!