Hi, you have another new registered member

Stop by and say Hello.
Castle
Flea-Bitten Desert Rat

Hi, you have another new registered member

Post by Castle »

Hi Charlie, Figured I ought to come see your site, and let you know who's here. It looks good, lots of good pix and info. I like your current "Pic of the Week", where exactly is it? I'm glad you're getting some use out of my pic too. I'll look in as I can. Maybe one day I'll meet you at my cabin in Goler when I'm out there.
Later, Castle
Computer Programming today is a race between software engineers
striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the universe
trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is
winning."
Panamint Charlie
Head Janitor

Post by Panamint Charlie »

Hi Castle, Thanks for stopping by my quiet place on the web.

Yea I like that pic also. That's my Wife's Amazon Woman impersonation. She'll kill me if she reads this.

It was taken out at Green Valley Falls. There's a little creek with some Water Falls and a campground. It's between Descanso,CA and Cuyamaca lake. About 10 miles from my house.

Thanks again for that shot of Ballarat. You've got a lot of great history in your photos. In case you didn't see this one over at death-valley.us, here's one that Wild Bill sent me. He said it was from 1944

Give me a holler when you need some help on the claims.

Charles
Castle
Flea-Bitten Desert Rat

Post by Castle »

Both those picture are good. Cousin Will would have still been in that area in 1944, but he might have moved full time to his cabin in Goler. I don't think he'd moved over to the Ruth Mine that early. I'm thinking that the pic that I have was taken around 1938 or so. It sure didn't take long for the desert to start reclaining the land when people moved out. There were a few of the builing still there, but very run down, when I first went out there. Even part of Cousin Will house was still standing, now you have to know where it was. You can only see a slight depression and a slight berm left by the 4 mud walls.

I used to spen a lot of time in the Cuymaca area. Took the kids fishing at the lake a number of times and used to camp at the park. I never did see Green Valley Falls though, wish I had.

My next pland trip to the mine will be next March. My brother and his family, my cousin and her family and both my sons are supposed to show up. As far as help on the claims, know anyone who wants to leese them??? I can't find the papers, but two assays I had done showed about two oz to the ton. It's micron fine though.

Take care, I'll stop in later.
Later, Castle
Computer Programming today is a race between software engineers
striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the universe
trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is
winning."